At least one worker was killed and five others were injured on Saturday when a fire erupted at a construction zone in Istanbul, local media said.
The fire broke out at a container of the workers in the building site of Istanbul Finance Center at the Umraniye district on the Asian part of the city, the Ihlas news agency reported.
The wounded workers have been rushed to nearby hospitals, and one worker who was stuck inside the container lost his life, Ihlas said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear, and police launched an investigation into the incident, press reports added.
- Israeli police shoot dead suspicious Palestinian in Jerusalem
- Spotlight: Los Angeles law enforcement officials pledge to remain vigilant against COVID-related hate crimes
- COVID-19 patient in Fiji charged for breaching self-quarantine
- Attempts by U.S., UK to push for Security Council discussion on National Security Legislation for HKSAR ended in failure
- COVID-19 cases reach 1,591 in Maldives
- Uzbekistan extends quarantine till June 15
- Former GMD of NNPC Maikanti Baru dies at 60
- China-Europe freight train delivers first batch of Russia’s frozen poultry meat
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, Forbes magazine now says
- Florida officials approve Walt Disney World reopening plans
- Roundup: Restaurants, hair salons allowed to reopen in LA amid rising COVID-19 cases
- Kyrgyzstan reports 60 new COVID-19 cases, 1,722 in total
- DPRK fully supports China’s decision on national security legislation for Hong Kong
- America’s Colorado sees second day of protests over killing of George Floyd
- Evacuation: Foreign airline whose country denies us landing right won’t be welcome here — House Committee
- Backgrounder: U.S. police brutality against African Americans
- Protesters take to downtown LA over killing of George Floyd for third consecutive day
- Violent protests over George Floyd’s death continue flaring up across U.S.
- U.S. Democratic lawmakers expand probe into firing of State Department inspector general
- UN calls for investigation into killing of 30 migrants in Libya