Chinese Ambassador to Sierra Leone Hu Zhangliang , on Thursday said the two countries have maintained close educational cooperation over years.
He added that more than 800 students have been accorded opportunities to study in China under the Chinese Government Scholarship program.
Zhangliang said the Chinese government launched a new program called China -Africa Friendship Scholarship, and 10 Sierra Leonean students were admitted.
“Education determines the present and future of humanity and that a country needs to continuously cultivate the talents needed by society through education.’’
Minister of Technical and Higher Education Aiah Gabkima applauded the Chinese government for the opportunity accorded to Sierra Leoneans to study in China.
Edited by Hadiza Mohammed
- United States stimulus talks collapse, setting stage for Trump executive orders
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard