The Civil Defence Department on Monday reported that 13 Pakistani nationals died after a fire broke out in their house in Southern Shuneh area, 45km to the west of Amman.
The department said that two Pakistani families lived in the house located on a farm and that the 13 people died after suffering severe burns while three others were injured in the incident.
It said that the injured were taken to the hospital and were in good condition, adding that a committee had been formed to look into the incident.
According to official figures, around 8,000 Pakistanis live in Jordan and work in the agricultural sector.
Edited & Vetted By: Hadiza Mohammed/Emmanuel Yashim
- Leicester manager says he caught coronavirus but has recovered
- Gov. Obiano inaugurates 16-member committee for public procurements
- AfDB: Obasanjo, Jonathan, 13 other African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Brazilian Economy Ministry predicts greater GDP decline in second quarter
- English Premier League says using “home and away’’ venues remains its wish
- Police deploy 5,200 personnel for LG polls in Benue
- Federer is world’s highest-paid athlete, Forbes says
- La Liga season returns on June 11
- U.S. Illinois reopens as “stay-at-home” order ends
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 2 Indians
- 5.2-magnitude quake hits Whitianga of New Zealand: USGS
- Chile’s COVID-19 cases surpass 90,000
- Air Peace evacuates 301 Chinese from Nigeria
- Egypt sees highest single-day hike of COVID-19 deaths, infections
- 1st Anniversary: Sanwo-Olu virtually inaugurates 18 projects across Lagos
- AfDB: African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- Daily COVID-19 deaths hit one-week low in France
- NYC expected to start phased reopening on June 8, says New York governor
- Trump says U.S. “terminating” relationship with WHO