Italian police on Thursday, said fourteen people have been arrested in a joint sting against the ‘Ndrangheta Mafia by Italian and Canadian law enforcement.
The operation, called “Canadian Ndrangheta connection,’’ targeted members of the Muia crime family from Siderno, a police statement said.
It also revealed “for the first time’’ that Canadian ‘Ndrangheta members were authorised to meet and take key decisions in Canada rather than Italy, police added.
- Woman prays court to grant her custody of 2-yr son
- Court remands labourer for allegedly defiling neighbour’s daughter
- NYSC SAED will prepare you for the challenges of unemployment, Okpongete charges corps members
- 14 political parties to participate in Adamawa local council election
- NASA tracks swarm of asteroids zooming toward earth at breakneck speed
- Cleric urges Nigerians to pray for leaders irrespective of differences
- Kogi guber: Attack on SDP secretariat a threat to democracy – Ondo SDP
- EU lawyer: Jailed Catalan leader should have EU parliament immunity
- Asylum seekers cannot lose shelter, food as punishment – EU court
- Kaduna Govt., CS-SUNN train committee on effective nutrition coordination
- Bayelsa poll: Court disqualifies APC deputy governorship candidate over false information
- World Pneumonia Day: Nigeria contributes highest number of child pneumonia globally – UNICEF
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility