By Ngozi Njoku
Two men – Lukman Ibrahim and Sokege Musibau – who allegedly hacked into a woman’s bank account, using her SIM card, on Thursday appeared before an Ogudu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
Ibrahim, 30, and Musibau, 32, whose addresses were not given, allegedly stole N1 million from the hacked account.
They are facing charges of conspiracy, stealing and breach of the peace.
They, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
According to the Prosecutor, Insp. Lucky Ihiehie, the defendants committed the offences on March 27.
Ihiehie alleged that the defendants conspired and swapped the SIM card of one Miss Folake Balogun with that of one Ibrahim in other to hack into Balogun’s bank account to steal.
“The defendants actually hacked into the complainant’s FCMB account with number 2270414025 and transferred the sum of N1million without her consent.
“During an investigation, it was discovered that the defendants had an accomplice who we are yet to identify,” he said.
The alleged offences contravene Sections 168(1)(d), 287 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised).
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Section 287 stipulates three years’ jail term for stealing.
The Magistrate, Mrs E. Kubeinje, admitted the defendants to bail of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
She said that the sureties must be gainfully employed and have evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
She adjourned the case until April 2 for mention.
- National Assembly mulls passage of 2020 budget Nov. 28
- Army commences exercise crocodile smile lV in Ondo
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault