A shooting at a nightclub in the United States state of South Carolina in the early hours of Sunday morning has left two people dead, according to local police.
Greenville County Sheriff Hobart Lewis told broadcaster CNN that patrolling police officers saw a “large commotion” at the venue, which had “several hundred people” inside.
Four people were taken to hospital, Lewis said.
Two people who were shot subsequently died.
There were at least two gunmen at the scene, he said, but they have not been apprehended.
Lewis told local newspaper the Greenville News that the shooting was probably “gang-related.”
The gathering was a violation of coronavirus restrictions in the south-eastern state, he confirmed.
Edited By: Isaac Aregbesola (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse