The police on Wednesday arraigned two friends in a Magistrates’ Court in Asaba for allegedly assaulting a woman in a night club.
The police charged Mesoma Francis,20, and Nwanchukwu Onianwan,23, with assault and causing hurt.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mrs Blessing Okafor, told the court that the defendants beat up Miss Onyiyechi Kelechi, on Jan. 22 at the Gaga’s night club, off Summit road Asaba.
She said that the offence is punishable under the provisions of sections 516 and 355 of the Criminal Code Cap C21 vol I Laws of Delta 2006.
They pleaded not guilt.
After their plea of not guilty, Magistrate Edith Anumodu, admitted them the defendants to bail in the sum of N100,000 each with two sureties each.
Anumodu adjourned the case untill Feb. 25 for definite hearing.
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza
Watch Live News
- Veterinary association seeks FG’s commitment to rabies eradication
- Police arrest 3 men for flagellating themselves inspite of lockdown in Philippines
- Bangkok to ban alcohol sale for 10 days to curb coronavirus outbreak
- Enang urges stakeholders’ discussion on PPPRA oil price template
- Stakeholders say privatisation of refineries will allow operators function optimally
- Lockdown: Ekiti LGs distribute rice to residents
- Easter: Residents commend Umahi for decision on religious activities
- Funke Akindele, hubby are ex-convicts until pronouncement set aside – lawyers say
- COVID-19: Sen. Arise calls for huge investment in health sector
- WHO inaugurates COVID-19 Supply Chain Task Force