The police on Monday arraigned two men, John Ayika, 48, and Olatunji Olasesan 52, in a Chief Magistrates Court in Surulere, Lagos for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl.
The defendants, who reside at Mushin area of Lagos, pleaded not guilty to rape.
The Police Prosecutor, Anthonia Osayande, told the court that the defendants committed the offence sometime in August 2019 at No. 6, Alhaji Lasis St., Idi-Oro, Mushin.
Osayande alleged that they lured the 16-year-old with money into their apartment and raped her.
The offence, she said, contravened the provisions of Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
Magistrate T.O. Abayomi admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N300,000 each with two sureties in like sum.
Abayomi adjourned the case until March 11 for substantive trial.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Sadiya Hamza
- S.Korea’s c.bank slashes 2020 economic growth outlook to 0.2 pct contraction
- Rwandan commercial motorists required to go cashless to curb COVID-19 spread
- S. Korea’s corporate bond sale logs double-digit fall in April
- Tokyo stocks open higher on Wall Street’s solid overnight lead
- 1st LD Writethru: S.Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- S. Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- LASG moves to criminalize infrastructure vandalism
- Rose harvest in Syria
- Plexiglass protection Plex’Eat designed to protect diners from novel coronavirus at restaurant in Paris
- Coastal Erosion: LASG seeks N400 bn from FG
- NMA lays foundation for multi billion naira headquarters
- Chile sees 82,289 cases of COVID-19, 841 deaths
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch for weather reason
- COVID-19 infections in California surpass 100,000
- Spotlight: European Commission proposes borrowing landmark recovery fund, in “Europe’s moment”
- Overseas visitors to Ireland down 99 pct in April due to pandemic
- Roundup: European Commission proposes 750-bln-euro recovery fund as countries count losses
- Cypriot president announces revised package to support economy after COVID-19 crisis
- U.S. COVID-19 deaths top 100,000 — Johns Hopkins University
- Kano Govt. offers free education to 1,000 repatriated Almajiri children