The police on Thursday arraigned two men, Abiodun Rotimi and Emmanuel Omoge at a Wuse Zone 6 Magistrate Court, Abuja for allegedly stealing N1.5 million belonging to a business woman.
Rotimi, 23 and Omoge, 24, who reside at Lokogoma and Karimo area of Abuja are standing trial on a two-count charge of joint act and theft by servants.
The Prosecutor, Peter Ejike of FCT Command, told the court that one Esahe Timothy of plot 505/R crescent Federal Housing Authority (FHA) Lugbe , Abuja reported the incident at Wuse Police Station on Feb.18.
The prosecutor said that the complainant entrusted crates of soft drinks worth N7 million to the defendants and they allegedly conspired among themselves and sold the stocks.
Ejike alleged that after the sale, the defendants converted the sum of N1.5 million to their personal use.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened sections 79 and 289 of the Penal Code.
The defendants however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate Omolola Akindele admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N500, 000 each and two sureties each in like sum.
Akindele ordered that the sureties must be reliable, should reside within the jurisdiction of the court and must be a civil servant and a businessman.
She however, adjourned the case till March 18 for hearing.
Edited By: Shittu Obassa/Maureen Atuonwu
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Covid-19: Niger Task Force solicits for donations
- NVCG hails FG, states over measures against COVID-19
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 – 5pm EAT)
- COVID-19: NCDC receives 4 ambulances from Aliko Dangote foundation for response activities in Lagos
- COVID-19: Motorists defy intra-state and inter-state ban in Niger
- Coronavirus – Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries
- COVID-19: Zamfara opens isolation centre
- COVID-19: AMAC notifies residents of markets’ closure
- Plateau Govt. Establishes COVID-19 Eradication Fund for the vulnerable
- COVID-19 FCTA stops church programme, wedding reception