An Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court on Monday ordered the remand of two men, Adewuyi Adegoke, 30, and Ajewole Oluwadare, 25, for allegedly kidnapping.
The two men, whose addresses are not provided, are facing a charge of kidnapping.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Monica Ikebuilo, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on June 11 at about 2:30 p.m. in Ado-Ekiti.
“Adegoke, who is a reverend at a Methodist Church in Ado-Ekiti, arranged himself for kidnapping and told Oluwadare to call his church and his wife that he was kidnapped and demanded ransom from the church members,” Ikebuilo said.
She said the offence contravened Section 5 and 7 of the Ekiti State Kidnap and Terrorism (Prohibition) Law, 2015.
The prosecutor said the case file was duplicated and forwarded to office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for advice.
The pleas of the defendants were not taken.
The Magistrate, Mrs Kehinde Awosika, ordered that the two men should be remanded in prison, pending an advice from the office of the DPP.
Awosika adjourned the case until July 24 for mention.
- Sylva, NNPC staff, others pay tribute to ex-GMD of NNPC Baru
- COVID-19: Enugu govt. decontaminates Ogbete Main Market
- COVID-19: NCAC, NANTA advocate collaborations for tourism sector recovery
- Lagos govt. unfolds strategies toward resilient city evolution
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery weather activities, May 31 – June 2
- President Buhari loses nephew Ibrahim Dauda
- Veterinary doctors donate items to Ondo Govt to fight COVID-19
- LASG to decamp Abule-Egba pipeline explosion victims from Igando relief camp
- Resident Doctors issue 14-day strike notice to FG
- Buratai inspects local construction of combat vehicles in Maiduguri
- COVID-19 mortality rises to 50 in Lagos
- Plateau NANNM calls off ‘sit-at-home’ protest for members in JUTH Isolation center
- Covid-19: 4-month-old child discharged in Kaduna
- Northern governors mourn former NNPC boss
- Schalke 04’s U.S.-born player wears “Justice for George’’ armband
- Italy records 111 new coronavirus deaths, 416 new cases
- Delta has witnessed unprecedented development under Okowa – Lawmakers
- Banditry: Sultan seeks recruitment, funding of security agencies
- Kenyan farmers grapple with oscillating temperatures as climate varies
- Europe urges Trump to reconsider decision to withdraw from WHO