An Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court on Monday ordered the remand of two men, Adewuyi Adegoke, 30, and Ajewole Oluwadare, 25, for allegedly kidnapping.
The two men, whose addresses are not provided, are facing a charge of kidnapping.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Monica Ikebuilo, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on June 11 at about 2:30 p.m. in Ado-Ekiti.
“Adegoke, who is a reverend at a Methodist Church in Ado-Ekiti, arranged himself for kidnapping and told Oluwadare to call his church and his wife that he was kidnapped and demanded ransom from the church members,” Ikebuilo said.
She said the offence contravened Section 5 and 7 of the Ekiti State Kidnap and Terrorism (Prohibition) Law, 2015.
The prosecutor said the case file was duplicated and forwarded to office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for advice.
The pleas of the defendants were not taken.
The Magistrate, Mrs Kehinde Awosika, ordered that the two men should be remanded in prison, pending an advice from the office of the DPP.
Awosika adjourned the case until July 24 for mention.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy