The Commissioner for Health, Dr Aliyu Maigoro, made this known while addressing news conference on Sunday in Bauchi.
“Blood samples from 93 persons were collected in the state for the COVID-19 test and two came back positive and are receiving treatment.
”91 others came back negative. We collected more samples yesterday and today to send to Abuja for examination.
”We want to collect as much samples as we can to Abuja for testing. We will collect all the samples from the list of our surveillance activities ”, he added.
The Commissioner called for the decentralisation of the reference laboratories so as not to over-stretch facilities at the National Centre for Disease Control in Abuja and Lagos.
”We call on the Federal Government to make a proposal in the 2021 budget, to establish such centres in at least each state of the federation,” he said.
The commissioner reiterated the need for reference laboratories to be established to facilitate efforts put in place to fight diseases such as COVID-19.
”We are already working with our partners toward establishing a reference laboratory in Bauchi,” he said.
Edited By: Chinyere Nwachukwu/Sadiya Hamza
- ECB says pandemic amplifies pre-existing financial risks
- Kenyan gov’t to clear 50km traffic jam at border into landlocked Uganda – Minister
- COVID-19: Bayelsa vows to continue, complete demolition of illegal structures in Yenogoa
- Buhari salutes Chief Edwin Clark at 93
- Chile’s LATAM airline files for bankruptcy after COVID-19 decimates sales
- Adewumi’s appointment as KWASU Chancellor, step in right direction – VC
- Cross River Government to commence enforcement of `wrong parking’ from June 1
- Tor Tiv lauds Hausa community over peace efforts in Benue
- Support industrialization policy of Gov. Sule; Aide urges Nasarawa people
- Olympic champ Kipruto in training targets Continental Tour success
- Qatar reports 1,742 new COVID-19 infections, 47,207 in total
- Expert urges govt to simplify port processes to reduce cost
- COVID-19: Bayelsa govt sends 25 samples daily to UPTH for testing – official
- Russia not to be hysterical about U.S. exit from Open Skies treaty: FM
- Iran expects greater performance from Swiss payment channel
- Malls to reopen early June as Indonesia seeks to pick up in economic activities
- Heed NCDC guidelines on Edo, Ondo governorship polls, Group urges INEC
- CEO of Abuja-based NGO calls for inclusion of moral,folktales education in online lessons
- COVID-19: Film censors board adopts virtual censorship for Nollywood
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo