An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday remanded two men, Monsuru Oladiran, 32, and Azeez Ayinla, 26, who allegedly robbed a woman of items worth N1.11 million at gunpoint.
The Magistrate, Mr A.A. Fashola, remanded the defendants in Kirikiri Prisons, pending advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
The defendants, whose residential addresses were not provided, are facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and robbery, but their pleas was not taken.
The magistrate adjourned the case until Aug. 12 fr mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Michael Unah, sumitted that the defendants broke into the house of the complainant, Mrs Ngozi Ogbenna, with an AK47 riffle and other offensive weapons and robbed her of valuables worth N1.11 million.
Unah told the court that the defendants committed the offences with others still at large on May 11 at 1.40a.m. on Ijegun Road, Ikotun in Lagos.
The prosecutor submitted that the defendants robbed the woman of N670,000, a 32-inche Led television valued at N45,000 and a Samsung Galaxy S10 worth N400,000.
“The police arrested the defendants few days after the complainant reported the case,” he said.
- U.S. blueberry growers see huge opportunity in China
- El-Rufai, others laud Amaechi’s selfless service at 55
- COVID-19: Abia records three new confirmed cases, total number rises to 10
- COVID-19: Nigerian-British bilateral relationship remains strong – envoy
- Stakeholders urge Enugu Assembly to review state urban, regional plan law
- Fire rips through crowded Cameroon prison
- Zamfara: Police partner ex bandits, rescue 12 kidnap victims -PPRO
- LG polls: Benue PDP chairman optimistic of victory
- Lagos reinvigorates e-governance, boosts network
- NITDA presents national outsourcing strategy to stakeholders
- Ogun set to resume normal business, eases lockdown
- Northern Governors congratulate Masari @70
- Austria to pay artists 1,000 euros a month to weather Covid-19 crisis
- Akande emerges Chairman of Ibadan LG Properties Company
- Buhari hails Consul-General Godwin Adama at 60
- Navy appoints 110 senior officers
- Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
- Gov Okowa’s wife donates food items to 5 correctional centres
- COVID-19: We’ve yet to receive promised ventilators from U.S. – Minister
- OYO APC inaugurates Alao-Akala led reconciliation committee