Sampson, 53, and Madueke, are charged with conspiracy, forgery, false pretext, kidnapping and stealing.
The Police Prosecutor, Insp Chinalu Uwadione, told the court that the defendants committed the offence sometime in April, at Igando Area, a Lagos suburb.
He alleged that the defendants conspired to steal a three-year-old within the premises of Mountain of Fire and Prayer Ministries on March 3.
The prosecution told the court that the child has since been united with her parents.
He also told the court that the defendants defrauded one Mr Magnus Nwaigbo of N650,000 under the pretext that they would help him adopt a child legally from the Holy Infant Orphanage.
Uwadione told the court that the defendants forged a letter on the letterhead of the orphanage and presented it to Nwaigbo in a bid to defraud him and present a stolen child to him.
The offence, he noted, contravened the provisions of sections 314, 365 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
After the charge was read to them, they pleaded not guilty.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Adeola Adedayo, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N1 million each with two sureties each in like sum.
She adjourned the case until July 8 for mention.
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study