Malam Momoh Dauda, General Manager, Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (CSDA), on Thursday said over 200,000 rural dwellers are to benefit from the Agency’s micro projects before the end of this year.
The General Manager stated this at the opening of a two-day training organised for Community and Group Projects Management Committees (CPGMCs) on project management in Kabba, Kogi State.
Dauda said that the Agency currently had 110 micro projects drawn from 55 Community Development Projects (CDPs) under the World Bank assisted Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) being implemented in seven Local Government Areas of the state.
He said the benefiting communities were selected from the State Poverty Map.
According to him, the State Government has, from 2018 to date, partnered the World Bank, contributing over N550 million to facilitate the Agency’s intervention projects in communities across the state.
He said most of the projects would be completed before the end of this year, adding that the terrain of some communities might hinder timely completion.
He urged the trainee CPGMC members not to compromise on standard, just as he called on them to ensure completion of the projects on time.
In his remarks, Mr Raphael Okomoda, chairman, Board of Directors of the Agency , reminded the CPGMC members that the CSDP concept adopted Community-Driven Development approach, where communities were given the latitude to choose their projects.
He urged the committees to be open, transparent and accountable, saying that their activities should not be shrouded in secrecy to give room for suspicion.
The Obaro of Kaaba, Oba Solomon Owoniyi, represented by Chief Nelson Adeyemi, the Obarowo of Oweland, urged the committees to utilise the resources entrusted in their care for the purposes intended , and be able to give proper account at all times. (NAN)
Editing by Abiodun Esan
- Wrongful death trial over ‘Walking Dead’ stuntman begins
- Israeli parliament set to dissolve itself, head into third elections
- House Democrats announce 2 articles of impeachment against Trump
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members