The Crown FC of Ogbomoso has ended its screening of players ahead of the 2019/2020 Nigeria National League (NNL).
The new season is expected to tentatively commence on Nov. 1, 2019, according to the league governing body.
The clubs Media Officer, Tunji Alabi said Lagos that the Ajilete Warriors had resumed preparation for the new season on the Sept. 2.
“The preparation is expected to continue with the team’s building up process after penning down the needed players that will be put on the colours of the Soun Boys.
“We had a total of 246 players from within and outside the country who came for the exercise since the team resumed.
“After series of Grade A friendly games within and outside the state we have been able to get the mandated 35-man team list that will execute the 2019/2020 NNL matches for the club.
“We will continue to reshape the team towards getting a more formidable and compact side that will give us the needed results,” he said in a statement.
Alabi added: “We appreciate the technical crew headed by Oladunni Oyekale for a job well done.
“We also thank the players for the commitment and wish the selected and unlucky ones the very best in their career.”
Crown FC is expected to play more quality friendly games and also participate in the Maiden Oyo FA Preseason Tournament.
“The tournament is expected to commence soonest to prepare the team ahead of the season,” he said. (NAN)
(Editing by Peter Ejiofor)
- Woman prays court to grant her custody of 2-yr son
- Court remands labourer for allegedly defiling neighbour’s daughter
- NYSC SAED will prepare you for the challenges of unemployment, Okpongete charges corps members
- 14 political parties to participate in Adamawa local council election
- NASA tracks swarm of asteroids zooming toward earth at breakneck speed
- Cleric urges Nigerians to pray for leaders irrespective of differences
- Kogi guber: Attack on SDP secretariat a threat to democracy – Ondo SDP
- EU lawyer: Jailed Catalan leader should have EU parliament immunity
- Asylum seekers cannot lose shelter, food as punishment – EU court
- Kaduna Govt., CS-SUNN train committee on effective nutrition coordination
- Bayelsa poll: Court disqualifies APC deputy governorship candidate over false information
- World Pneumonia Day: Nigeria contributes highest number of child pneumonia globally – UNICEF
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility