By Nabilu Balarabe
Spokesman of the state Muslims Pilgrims Welfare Board, Alhaji Ibrahim Hashimu-Kanya, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NNN) in Hadejia on Sunday.
He said the commission had assured the board of additional hajj seats after allocating the available ones.
Hashim-Kanya said the board had directed its center officers in the 27 local government areas of the state to commence registration of prospective pilgrims.
He said each prospective pilgrim was expected to pay a deposit of N1 million.
He called on interested persons to visit the board and make their deposits in good time.
Meanwhile, the Jigawa Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has allocated 43 hajj seats to Kafin-Hausa Local Government Council.
Alhaji Mohammed Umar, the council’s spokesman disclosed this to NNN in Kafin- Hausa.
He said the council had constituted a committee under the chairmanship of its Vice Chairman, Alhaji Isa Umar-Dangwani, to screen prospective pilgrims.
He said the board’s Zonal Officer in the area, Alhaji Abdulhadi Yahaya, would serve as secretary of the committee. (NNN)
Edited by Julius Toba Jegede
- South African Airways cancels almost all flights for Friday, Saturday
- 2 men in court over alleged unlawful possession of cartridges
- Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports
- 2 years since arrest, Cambodian journalists await spying verdict
- Exiled Cambodian opposition leader arrives Indonesia
- Italian police seize over a tonne of cocaine in banana container
- Kogi elections: Group urges politicians to eschew violence, hate speech
- 17 injured in blasts at south-eastern Turkey Ammunition depot
- Philippines deports 312 Chinese nationals for telecom fraud
- Indian court delays ruling on ban on women entering Hindu temple
- Health Training Initiative increases accreditation status, academic performance – Registrar
- Oil rises after OPEC’s Barkindo says U.S. shale growth may slow in 2020
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business