In her address at the occasion, Dr Dolapo Dosunmu, the state Director of the agency, urged Nigerians to partner with the government so that peace and tranquillity would continue to reign during and after the elections.
Dosunmu posited that every Nigerian of voting age has a role to play in the success of the elections and urged everyone to shun acts capable of discrediting the elections.
”It is the responsibility of the electorate not to mortgage their future by accepting peanuts as patronage; they should vote wisely.
”The religious leaders should continue to pray for the protection of the sanctity of the nation.
”The traditional rulers and community leaders too should lead by example as a moral compass for their subjects while the electoral umpire –INEC-have to live up to their billings of conducting free, fair and credible elections.
”As good people of Nigeria, let us not promote hate speech and in our own way, halt the spread of unsubstantiated news that can trigger unnecessary suspicion and violence,” she said.
The director stressed that it was by allowing peace to reign that national progress could be firmly rooted.
In his goodwill message, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Oyo State, Mr Mutiu Agboke, assured Nigerians that INEC would conduct credible elections.
Agboke, represented by Mr Olajide Akanji, implored politicians to play the game according to the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of elections in Nigeria.
The NOA management also used the occasion for its 2018 Christmas Carol.
Among the dignitaries that attended the forum were Pastor Femi Emmanuel of the Living Spring Chapel, Taiwo Adelakun of Victory Church and Dr Benjamin Akanmu, the Oyo State President of the Christian Association of Nigeria.
Dr Testimony Onifade, who represented the National President of CAN, Pastor Ayokunle Olasupo, was also present. (NNN)
(Edited by Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Mufutau Ojo)
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study