Connect with us

Foreign

211 children hospitalised in Guatemala after bean lunch at school

Published

on

“Some 211 children were been taken to hospital with signs of food poisoning.

“In total, 425 children from the school in the community of Las Delicias in the Quetzaltenango region had complained of abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting after a meal on Monday,’’ the newspaper Prensa Libre quoted the headmaster as saying.

However, only the most severe cases were treated in hospital.

The pupils had eaten beans with “chipilin” (Crotalaria longirostrata), a perennial legume of Central America.

 

Advertisement
Comments

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!