The senior women National Basketball Team, D’Tigress, has been seeded in Pot three alongside Japan, Brazil and Great Britain ahead of the draw ceremony for the 2020 Olympic Games Qualifying Tournament.
The NBBF Board member on Media, Oni Afolabi, made this known on Friday in Lagos.
Afolabi said the team picked one of the two available slots from Africa after beating Mali in the semifinal of the FIBA Africa organised pre-qualifiers held in Maputo, Mozambique last week.
According to him, the number one rated team in Africa who got to the quarter finals of the last World Cup in Spain will hope to join the men counterpart who had already qualified for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
He said that Mozambique who picked the second slot from Africa had landed in pot four alongside Korea, Sweden and Puerto Rico.
He the draws would be conducted on Nov. 27 in Switzerland with Belgium, China, France and Serbia to host the four OQT groups between Feb. 6 and Feb. 9, 2020.
The last time D’Tigress qualified for the Olympics was in 2004, which was hosted in Athens, Greece.
Edited By: Olagoke Olatoye
- Cultism: Anambra CP summons DPOs, top police officers to emergency meeting
- UEL: Lukaku, Eriksen take Inter Milan past Getafe into last eight
- Manchester United move into Europa League last eight
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services