A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos, Mr Joe Igbokwe, says the Peoples Democratic Party stands no chance of winning the state in 2023 and even beyond.
Igbokwe, Special Adviser to Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Drainage Services, made the assertion while speaking with newsmen on Thursday in Lagos.
“PDP can never win Lagos in 2023. Are they still in existence? No, they have been uprooted. Everybody has left them.
He dismissed the belief in some quarters that Ndigbo in Lagos APC was divided, saying some “desperate politicians” were the ones causing problems in the group.
The governor’s aide said whoever was parading himself as apex leader of Ndigbo in Lagos was an imposter, adding he was the recognised leader in the party.
“How can someone who joined the party yesterday be going claiming he is the apex leader of Ndigbo in Lagos APC? It’s ridiculously.
“If people want to be anything in a party, they have to wait for their time. Spreading lies about others just to pull them down is not the way. I am the leader of Ndigbo in Lagos APC, anyone claiming that is an imposter,” he said.
Igbokwe added that the group represented the political interests of Igbo people in the state.
The governor’s aide urged igbos in APC to remain united, saying that was the only way to actualise the electoral goals of the group
Edited By: Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- New South Wales offers to host Australian Open as Melbourne battles COVID-19 spike
- It’s tough to stay focused at spectator-free events, golfer says
- NGF pledges to provide support for performance assessment of states
- Oyo agriculture college chairman pledges commitment to institution’s growth
- NCDC confirms 354 new COVID-19 cases as total hits 45,244
- Gov. Bagudu sets up committee to refund Hajj deposits to pilgrims
- Gov. Bagudu distributes CACOVID food, relief materials to 38,047 households
- COVID-19: Osun Govt warns against indiscriminate decontamination, fumigation
- FG launches distribution of agricultural inputs in Cross River
- COVID-19: Ooni urges Africans to contribute to global development