The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA has begun a search for one 22-year-old Daibo Davis who jumped from the Third Mainland Bridge on Saturday.
He said that LASEMA was collaborating with some other agencies in the rescue operation.
According to him, a male adult named Daibo Davies, who was born on 22nd July, 1998, jumped into the lagoon -Adeniji Adele inward – at 3.05p.m.
He said that Davis was coming from a hospital with an Uber taxi, when he stopped and jumped into the lagoon.
“The Uber driver said the missing guy was residing at 17, Sosanya St., Gbagada Soluyi, Lagos.
“Investigations revealed that he told the Uber driver that he had a stomach upset.
” The driver stopped at his request; he then jumped off the bridge.”
The LASEMA boss said that Davis had yet to be found as at the time of this report.
“The agency’s response team, with the Lagos Fire Service, Marine Rescue team, Lagos State Waterways Authority, Lagos State Traffic Management Agency, Marine Police and local divers are on ground,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.
He said that rescue operations were ongoing, adding that the agency would provide an update on the incident as soon as possible.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Ijeoma Popoola
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety