Lagos State pilgrims, numbering 2,269, have completed their Umrah in Makkah, according to the state’s Amirul Hajj, Dr Abdul Hakeem Abdul Lateef during a lecture at the Lagos State House in Makkah.
The Command Control Centre of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), Madinah made the disclosure on Friday.
According to Abdul Lateef, the pilgrims have also completed their pre visit to Jabal Nuru, Jabal Thor, Jabal Arafat, Muna and Musdalifah.
“This is to prepare the mind of the pilgrims for the task ahead of them in the course of performing the proper Hajj.
“This will also awake the determination of the pilgrims to be ready to withstand the challenges likely to come with the exercise,” he said.
The Amirul Hajj urged the pilgrims to attend today’s Jumat service, assuring them that the state government had provided buses to convey them to and fro Masjid Li Haram.
He advised them to use the opportunity to pray for Nigeria and Lagos state in particular, for peace and development.
Abdul Lateef further urged them to stay away from any act capable of destroying their pilgrimage.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business