285 candidates from 34 parties contest Governorship, Assembly elections in Gombe
No fewer than 285 candidates from 34 political parties are to participate in the Saturday’s Governorship and State Houses of Assembly elections in Gombe.
Bigun said that 32 candidates were vying for the governorship seat, while 253 candidates from 34 political parties were vying for 24 seats in Gombe State House of Assembly.
Out of the 32 governorship candidates, one is a female, while only 18 females out of the 253 candidates are also participating in the Gombe State House Assembly election.
The ratio of male candidates to female for the governorship election is 96.87 per cent to 3.13 per cent, while for the state house of assembly election is put at 92.88 per cent to 7.12 per cent.
He listed some of the political parties participating in the election to include All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Social Democratic Party (SDP), Accord Party (AP), Democratic People’s Party (DPP), and People’s Redemption Party (PRP).
Others are, Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD), Advanced Alliance Party (AAP), All Blended Party (ABP), Labour Party (LP), African Democratic Congress (ADC), Yes Electorate Party (YES), Zenith Labour Party (ZLP).
Some of the governorship candidates include Aishatu Bikimcha (Accord Party), Bala Bello (DPP), Kwairanga Magaji (AD), Mohammed Musa (ACD), Inuwa Yahaya (APC), Nafada Bayero (PDP) and David Aiye (UPN).
Bigun appealed to the electorate in Gombe to conduct themselves in peaceful manner during Saturday’s governorship and state houses of assembly elections.
He expressed the determination of the commission to conduct free, fair and credible polls in Gombe State.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy