The National board for Arabic and Islamic Studies (NBAIS) has released its 2019 June/July Senior Arabic and Islamic School Certificate Examinations (SAISSC).
Prof. Mohammed Abdulahi, Acting registrar of the board made this known on Tuesday in a press briefing held in Kaduna.
According to him, 36,141 candidates sat for June /July SAISSC examination nationwide out of which 28,645 candidates passed while 7, 496 failed some papers.
He said the board will take its advocacy to sensitise some institutions to clear the assertion that graduates from Arabic and Islamic institutions cannot study science courses.
“We have reliable information that our students in Nigerian and international institutions are studying Science courses and are doing very well.”
He assured that the board is an examination body not restricted to Arabic and Islamic subjects.
“We are on advocacy and we shall continue to enlighten our people by providing our higher institutions of learning with qualified candidates who can compete at different levels.”
Abdulahi noted that the institution use integrated syllabus including Arabic, English language and mathematics.
On examination malpractice, he said the board has taken the issue with seriousness and has never recorded any serious examination malpractice from either candidates or schools.
“Every year we asses and review our examination mechanism to check anomalies including this ugly practice.”(NAN)
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality
- I told Trump Turkey can’t scrap Russian S-400 system – Erdogan