By Ishaq Zaki
Gusau, Jan. 22, 2019 (NNN) A total of 2,868 National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) members are expected to participate in the conduct of the upcoming 2019 general elections in Zamfara State,an official has said.
The state NYSC Coordinator, Mr Dahunsi Mohammad disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NNN) in Gusau on Tuesday.
“We have so far recorded 2,868 corps members, who indicated their interest to partake in the upcoming general elections in the state.
“You know our Director-General is very serious on the issue of welfare and security of corps members. He has since directed us to make sure that our corps members are not posted to insecurity-prone places.
“We have already received the list of identified insecurity-prone areas across all the 14 Local Government Areas of the state from the State office of the DSS.
“You know in NYSC posting policy, we don’t send corps members to areas with security threat, therefore we don’t even have corps members currently serving in those areas”, he said.
Mohammad, however, charged corps members to consider the election exercise as a national assignment and put the national interest first while conducting the exercise.
He urged them to work in line with the law and INEC’s guidelines for the conduct of the exercise in order to maintain the integrity and neutrality of the scheme. (NNN)
Edited by Kamal Tayo Oropo/Tukur Muntari.
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC