An Abeokuta Magistrates’ Court in Ake on Tuesday remanded three men in a correctional centre for allegedly kidnapping and killing a seven-year-old boy, Musa Abdulmalik
The defendants, Faruq Sheiidu,34; Nurah Habbib, 26; and Mohammed Bello,42, whose pleas were not taken, are facing a three-count charge of conspiracy, kidnap and murder.
The Magistrate, Mrs Victoria Williams, ordered that the case file be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.
Williams adjourned the case till March 16 for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp Adekunle Opayemi, told the court that the defendants committed the offences on Dec.11, 2019 at about 8:00pm at Alhaji Musa Abdulamid Compound, Oke field area of Abeokuta.
Opayemi said that the defendants kidnapped and killed the boy after his parents could not pay the ransom they asked for.
“The trio took the boy to where nobody could have access to him and strangled him to death,” the prosecutor said.
Opayemi, said that the offences contravened Sections 516(A), 23(2), 24(1) and 324 of the Criminal Law of Ogun, 2006 .
(Edited by: Edith Bolokor/Mufutau Ojo)
- Manchester United move into Europa League last eight
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services
- NIRSAL empowers 475 female cassava farmers, 2,872 farmers in south south
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members