Three travelers have been confirmed dead and five others injured as a blast struck a mini-bus in the western Herat province on Wednesday, provincial government spokesman Jilani Farhad said Thursday.
The blast struck the mini-bus in Hajji Abas area of Herat city on Wednesday night, killing three commuters and wounding five others, the official confirmed.
Women and children are among the victims, the official added.
Provincial police chief Abidullah Norzai has also confirmed the incident without pointing finger at any particular group, and said that investigation has been initiated into the deadly incident.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse