The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the first goal in the 26 minutes by 3SC’s Junior Ayobami spotting jersey number 10 spurred both sides to intensify more efforts in their style of play.
Both sides became more aggressive, pressing further into the box 18 and defending their side from penetration.
Edith Agoye, the 3SC coach, commended the players for a good match.
Agoye said that it was a good one, adding that they didn’t start the season well.
“This is a morale booster for the players, we are taking it one step at a time. All focus and attention is now on the league.
“We are ready all the way to win the Nigeria National League which is the second tier of Nigeria’s league.
“When we win, then can we be promoted to the National Professional Football League. Our focus is getting the promotion,” he said.
The coach, however, thanked their supporters and urged them not to relent in the support.
“Please keep supporting us and even when we don’t play like you expected, please bear with us,” he said.
Oluwaseun Abidemi, the Assistant Coach of Crown FC, said that the better side won.
Abidemi said that it was unfortunate they could not convert the chances they had into goals.
“I respect our opponent, we gave our best but it wasn’t enough,” he said.
Ayobami who scored the only coach in the match said he’s glad to have scored the wining goal.
He said that it was indeed a tough game and they all played their hearts out.
“Last season we met them also in the final and I also scored the only goal that made us win.
“ I’m very happy to have made us win the cup again today like I did last year. I’m delighted to have scored both wining goals,” he said.
Ayobami, however, assured his supporters of giving them his best at all times on the pitch.
“I want them to continue supporting us. I promise to always make them proud,” he said.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA