Mombasa, (Kenya) March 4, 2019 (dpa/NNN) Four Americans and a Kenyan have been killed after a helicopter that they were travelling in, crashed in Northern Kenya, police said Monday.
The helicopter crashed at Central Island, a volcanic island on Lake Turkana, Kenya’s national police said in a statement.
“Available information indicates that two helicopters had landed earlier at Labolo tented camp on the national park’s island, however only one managed to clear the area safely,’’ the statement added.
The wreckage of the helicopter was recovered in the early hours of Monday.
The cause of the accident remains unknown. (dpa/NNN)
Edited by Abigael Joshua/Sadiya Hamza
- Ease of Doing Business: Lagos adopts digital physical planning reforms
- Buhari’s Executive Orders are aimed at complementing existing legislations – Malami
- COVID-19: Police Command warns Oyo State residents against non-adherence to directives.
- Osun CJ releases 13 inmates of Ile-Ife Correctional Centre
- Gov. Akeredolu gives N47.6m car loan to primary school teachers in Ondo
- Navy distributes palliatives to 350 households in Imoore community in Lagos
- New York repeals archaic anti-mask law at odds with virus measures
- NSE All-Share Index down 0.22 per cent
- Osinbajo inaugurates Clean Nigeria Steering Committee
- U.S. must prevent police killings of African Americans, says UN rights chief
- Ogun govt. to revive technical education for sustainable devt
- CBN predicts negative economic growth in Q2
- FG dissolves governing councils of UNIPORT, Maritime University
- Building infrastructure, key to aviation industry survival – stakeholders
- CP inaugurates state community policing committee in Nasarawa
- ECOWAS Parliament urges member states to strategise toward stimulating their economies after COVID-19
- Cleric wants entrepreneurship training programmes in orphanages
- Infertility: Expert advocates medical intervention for menstrual challenges
- 5th Anniversary: Work in progress, no distraction, Presidency tells Nigerians
- COVID-19: Global solidarity only hope for humanity, says Buhari