A total of 49 candidates are expected to participate in the Saturday’s governorship and House of Assembly elections in Jigawa.
He said that out of the number, 19 candidates were vying for governorship position, while the remaining 30 were contesting for State House of Assembly from the 30 constituencies in state.
The HOD VEP explained that the three major contenders of the 19 governorship candidates are the incumbent governor, Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar, contesting under the All Progressives Congress (APC),
Kaiwa said that all election materials from the central bank of Nigeria (CBN) had since been distributed to all the 27 local government areas of the state in readiness of the exercise.
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers