51 gov’ship, 462 Assembly candidates for March 9 elections in Sokoto
No fewer than 51 governorship and 462 State House of Assembly candidates are to participate in Saturday’s elections in Sokoto state.
The Head of Voter Education and Public Affairs Department of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the state, Mr Muhammad Musa, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria in Sokoto on Friday.
Musa said out of the number, two women are contesting for governorship while 21 others are for State Assembly seats.
He said distribution of election materials to INEC local government offices had been concluded for further distribution to polling units.
According to him, INEC has conducted series of stakeholders meetings, training of ad-hoc workers and other activities to ensure successful conduct of the exercise.
He called on participating organs and the public to adhere to stipulated rules to ensure harmonious and successful elections.
- Zamfara APC Crisis: Court dissolves Zamfara executives, orders fresh congresses
- NBBF mourns former D’Tigers invitee, Ojo
- Adamawa Assembly approves Gov. Fintiri’s N550m Agric loan
- ACF urges FG to tackle killings, insecurity in southern Kaduna
- Insecurity: Umahi advises Buhari to retain service chiefs
- Man, 27, drowns in Kano pond
- COVID-19 : EKSG introduces tax relief, incentives for businesses
- Apapa congestion : NUPENG directs tanker drivers to suspend services in Lagos
- Buhari to inaugurate NCDMB’s 17-storey hqtrs Aug. 13
- VP Osinbajo wants deepening of PPP for infrastructure development