No fewer than 54 youngsters are set to participate in the Kaduna State Maiden Clay Court Tennis championship, an official has said.
Jummai Nuhu, Public Relations officer in the State Ministry for Sports Development, made the disclosure to the Nigeria News Agency in Kaduna on Monday.
Nuhu said the weeklong event would hold between Jan. 20 and Jan. 26 with no fewer than 54 youngsters, mostly senior secondary school students.
She said the event is being organized to identify and expose talented students to cadet level.
“The tournament will be a one week event comprising of male and female students under the age of 16,” Nuhu said.
NAN reports that the tournament would hold at Kaduna Club with morning and afternoon matches to be played in the best of three sets.
Edited by: Shuaib Sadiq/Maharazu Ahmed
- NSCDC pledges maximum support to Amotekun in Oyo state
- FG to pay June hazard allowance of medical workers from Aug. 10
- Northern Governors condemn attacks in Southern Kaduna
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women