At least 57 people were killed in a traffic accident on Thursday evening in Sudan’s North Darfur State, official SUNA news agency reported on Friday.
“The accident took place on Thursday evening at Um Draisai area on the road linking Nyala and El Fasher cities, a few kilometers from Shangil Tobaya area,” the report said.
It added that over 20 people others were injured in the accident, noting that the accident happened when a cargo vehicle carrying passengers collided with a truck transporting small vehicles.
Sudan is among the countries with the highest death rates in traffic accidents, mainly due to careless driving, poor road conditions and poor vehicle scrapping system.
- Gov. Mohammed sacks director over alleged financial scam
- COVID-19: NGO sensitises Taraba residents on personal hygiene, use of face masks
- Body commends Kaduna for social register dev’t
- I am battling a gang-up, says Bauchi governor
- Anniversary: Nasarawa community hails Sule’s administration on security, projects
- Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles
- Navy reaches out to households in Ogun community
- Law enforcement training institute to train officers on use of body camera
- S. Korea’s daily COVID-19 tally drops below 40 amid push to contain cluster infection
- Competitive sports in England get green light for Monday restart
- COVID-19: Federal Poly produces hand washing and sanitiding machines
- AFAN cautions members against adulterated fertilizers purchase
- More soldiers to patrol Minneapolis as unrest takes hold nationwide
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Bauchi Gov. mourns ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- Experts call for inclusive slums upgrade in Lagos,other cities
- COVID-19: Police Area Commander donates N400,000 worth food items, PPE, to officers wives in Warri
- MAN reports unsold inventory of N420bn
- LCCI seeks regional collaboration on agriculture
- Body of ex-Edo Commissioner recovered 14 days after abduction