According to the report, About 74.8 per cent of the total Internet users in China had so far tried online shopping, up from 63.1 per cent in June 2016.
The report noted that among the users, 622 million shopped via their mobile phones, 29.89 million more than the figure at the end of 2018.
The report attributed the growth of online shoppers to increasing consumption in smaller cities and rural areas, expanding international online shopping business and new marketing models.
It added that in the first half of 2019, online retail businesses imported goods worth 45.65 billion yuan (or 6.44 billion U.S. dollars), up 24.3 per cent year-on year.
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse
- For Europe’s “super clubs”, UEFA Champions League determines all
- YYA sues for peace in Ondo Assembly, condoles with Ogun over Kashamu
- Ilorin communities appeal to Gov. AbdulRazaq over damaged culvert