A Chieftain of the All Progressives Party Congress (APC) in Jigawa, Alhaji Salmanu Minari, has expressed optimism that the 7th Jigawa Assembly would be better than the previous ones .
He noted that unlike the previous ones, the present Assembly was dominated by 28 members who were all elected on the platform of APC.
“In view of this, since they all belong to only one party, I think they will do things that will favour the majority of people that elected them.”
“Anything short of this will not only be a disappointment to them, but also to the party.
“To me, I think any bill brought before the House would impact positively on the lives of the people; so there will be no need for long grammar since they are representing a common interest.
“Unlike before, if a bill is brought before the house, even if that bill is good, some members will kick against it because of political differences.
“However, with the House now wholly dominated by one party, we will see what the members will do that will make their people happy,” he said.
NAN reports that the former Speaker of the Jigawa 6th Assembly, Alhaji Idris Kareka, was unanimously returned unopposed.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business