89 arrested in Sri Lanka over Easter bombings
The suspects are currently under the custody of the Criminal Investigations Department and the Terrorism Investigations Department.
Police Spokesperson, SP Ruwan Gunasekara, said that search operations were ongoing across the country to hunt for more suspects, who would be linked to the terror attacks but assured that most of those involved had now been arrested.
Hundreds of Sri Lankans on Tuesday visited the grave sites of the terror victims to pay tribute as the nation marked one month since the suicide attacks which targeted three luxury hotels and three churches.
Sri Lanka’s Army Commander Mahesh Senanayake, in a special statement on Sunday, urged people to return to normalcy and to send children back to school, assuring that all precautionary security measures had been put in place.
Senanayake said that search operations and investigations were ongoing and those operations were “effectively advancing now with a marked progress as at now.”
- NGF to engage AGF on financial autonomy for states’ judiciary, legislature
- Ndume asks Buhari to assent to Peace Corps Bill
- Lagos BRT operator announces increase in fares
- Group seeks end to age-limit for women seeking assisted reproduction technology in Lagos
- Group honours Niger citizens killed in violence
- Don’t expose your children to cold during rainy season, Paediatrician warns parents
- ICPC investigating cases of COVID-19 fraud — official
- APC distributes palliatives to indigents, vulnerable in Ebonyi
- Court convicts 24 motorists in Imo for violating COVID-19 guidelines
- Thai-Malaysian border shuts again after reports of new COVID-19 cases
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases hit 123,000 – WHO
- COVID-19: Katsina builds 722-bed capacity isolation centres – Masari
- Old students donate N1m to Plateau COVID-19 fund
- COVID-19: NHIS donates PPE to Police
- Revised 2020 budget: Buhari seeks Senate approval for $5.513bn external loans
- Rwandan top genocide fugitive gets life sentence
- English Premier League to restart on June 17
- I-G orders deployment of 11 CPs to states, formations
- Abacha Loot III: Ministry of Justice opens technical bid for implementation monitoring
- Somalia confirms 97 new COVID-19 cases as tally hits 1,828