inaugural sitting with a new member, Salihu Yakubu-Danladi emerging as Speaker.
The 34-year-old new Speaker of the ninth Assembly represents Ilesha-Gwanara in Baruten Local Government Area of the state.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that the inaugural session of the new lawmakers was attended by hundreds of relations,
friends and well-wishers.
Yakubu-Danladi emerged as Speaker through consensus.
His nomination was moved by the member representing Ojomu-Balogun constituency, Prince Saheed Popoola and seconded by
The new Speaker in his inaugural speech said the new lawmakers would justify the confidence reposed in them by the electorate
and have a robust cooperation with the Executive.
He said the legislature would work toward bringing government closer to the citizenry, ensure delivery of dividends of democracy and
initiate people-oriented projects.
According to him, participatory budgeting should be adopted by state and federal governments to encourage active governance.
The post of Deputy Speaker went to Rapheal Adetiba from Oke-Ero constituency.
The Clerk of the House, Hajiya Halima Kperogi, who conducted the nomination exercise administered Oath of Office on all the
principal officers of the House.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business