Police confirm the adoption of a pastor 14 others
Kaduna, May 20,2019 The Chairman, Kaduna State Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Joseph Hayab has said that the abductors of a pastor and 14 others at ECWA Church, Dankade have reached out to the families of the victims demanding for N30 million ransom.
He said that the association was in constant touch with the family since the incident and urged security agencies to take appropriate measures to rescue the victims who were abducted after a Church service on Sunday.
“When people are attacked and taken away from a place of prayers then we need to wake up,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Police Command, said in a statement by its
Public Relation Officer, Yakubu Sabo, that it had deployed personnel to track the abductors and rescue the victims.
“On Sunday morning at about 0830hrs, we received information through DPO Dogon Dawa that some armed men in large number entered Unguwar Kuli village, a border community between Sabuwa Local Government Area of Katsina State and Birnin Gwari LGA Kaduna State.
“The gunmen started shooting sporadically, went and intercepted some church members while closing from service and took away the Pastor and fourteen others.
“On receipt of this information, the Command deployed teams of Police Operatives to the scene on general search operation with a view to rescuing the victims and arresting the culprits. IRT and STS have also been contacted for technical assistance,” he said.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA
- U.S calls for peaceful, free, transparent elections in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Buhari greets Wazirin Dutse, Bashir Dalhatu, at 70