Wuse was declared speaker following his nomination by member representing Chachanga, Ahmed Marafa (APC), the immediate past speaker of the assembly.
NAN reports that Bako Alfa (APC), representing Bida I, was declared deputy speaker following his nomination by Ndagi Baba, (APC) member representing Lavun.
Wuse and Alfa were the only officials nominated for their respective positions after which they were declared speaker and deputy speaker respectively by the Clerk of the House, Abdullahi Kagara.
In his acceptance speech, the new speaker pledged to work with his colleagues to move the state forward.
“I want to thank my colleagues for finding me worthy to occupy this exalted position.
“My colleagues and we will do our best to churn out bills and motions that will move the state forward,” he added.
NAN reports that 22 out of 27 members of the state assembly took oath of office.
NAN reports that Wuse, who was born in 1963, is a first term member in the House of Assembly and a former chairman of Tafa Local Government Area.
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution
- Why hike in cooking gas price may persist – Marketers
- Kogi Poll: Court begins hearing on suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility
- Nollywood: Filmmaker urges screenwriters to reshape African reality through stories