Abia gets new CP ahead of Saturday’s polls
A new Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr Awosola Awotinde, has been posted to Abia, ahead of Saturday’s Governorship and state House of Assembly elections, the command’s spokesman, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna, has said.
Ogbonna told the News Agency of Nigeria that Awotinde, who was in Ebonyi, was swapped with the former Abia CP, Mr Eden Okon, who was also moved to Ebonyi.
He said that the new commissioner assumed duty on Friday morning, after a formal handover from Okon.
He said that the postings were done for the purposes of the elections and appealed to Abia residents to give the new police boss the “necessary cooperation.”
- Lagos, stakeholders seek sustained implementation of breastfeeding policy
- Gender activist advocates enforcement of policies protecting girls, women’s rights
- Draft document on protecting telecoms infrastructure awaits presidential assent — Pantami
- Gov. Oyetola inaugurates committee against gender violence
- Group seeks meritocracy for appointment of UI VC
- C’River water board dismisses 6 for non performance
- Taraba govt. sensitises citizens on exclusive breastfeeding
- INEC to clear materials for previous elections
- Australia opens first face mask testing facility
- Delta Govt to invoke laws against illegal structures