Connect with us

General news

Abuja property owner dismisses allegation against VP’s daughter

Published

on

Abuja property owner dismisses allegation against VP’s daughter

Dr Ayuba Musa, the landlord of the property housing the company, GLAM’D Africa, has dismissed Mr Jackson Ude’s claims concerning the ownership of the house.


Musa’s reaction was sequel to a social media post by Ude, a New York based blogger, that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s daughter, Kiki, owns the property which houses her company, GLAM’D Africa.

The landlord, in a disclaimer he signed on Friday in Abuja, said the property was never, at any point in time, sold to the Vice President’s daughter or to anyone.

Musa said that he remained the rightful owner of the property and that all documents on the house were still carrying his name and challenged anyone in doubt to check with the FCT authorities.

“In reaction to the recent reports on social media with regards to the above mentioned property, I write to declare that I, Dr Ayuba Z Musa, am the rightful owner of the said property located at No. 40 Durban Street, Wuse 2, Abuja.

“I have all my documents which are duly registered with the Abuja Geographic Information Systems (AGIS).

“I have never at any point sold or have agreed to sell my property to GLAM’D Africa, Miss Osinbajo or to any other person; this is completely false,” he said.

According to him, Osinbajo’s daughter is his tenant and has been since April 12, 2017, adding that the tenancy was recently renewed for an additional period of one year.

Ude, had through his platform, recently claimed that the suspended EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu, had confessed to giving N4 billion to the Vice President.

He further reported in another post that part of the money was used to purchase the property at Wuse 2, Abuja for GLAM’D Africa.

Edited By: Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)

Chijioke Okoronkwo: is a graduate and a professionally trained journalist, with experience in national news reporting/editing and verification at the News Agency of Nigeria. NNN is a Nigerian online news portal that publishes breaking news in Nigeria, and across the world. Our journalists are honest, fair, accurate, thorough and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting news in the best interest of the public, because truth is the cornerstone of journalism and they strive diligently to ascertain the truth in every news report. Contact: editor[at]nnn.com.ng

Metro

Flood: FCTA demolishes 102 houses in Gwagwalada

Published

on


The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has begun the demolition of about 102 houses built along waterways, following the recent flood incident which had claimed some lives in the Gwagwalada Area Council.


Garba Kwamkur, Deputy Director, Monitoring and Enforcement, Department of Department Control, who led the exercise on Tuesday in Gwagwalada, said that the illegal houses had been marked for demolition over one year ago.

Kwamkur noted that the occupants of the effected houses were given enough time to move out of the flood-prone areas, adding, however, that they had refused to obey the directive.

He said that government could not spare the houses anymore, following the recent forecast of more rains and consequential flooding that would affect the area.

Kwamkur explained that the affected community was part of the land covering about 260 hectares, allocated within the Abuja Master Plan, for the development of the University of Abuja at Gwagwalada.

He, however, expressed the regret that some indigenous people and other squatters were still occupying the land temporarily.

“The University of Abuja had written to us about the encroachment issue. The settlement here that is due for resettlement has grown beyond its boundary.

“And we had issue of flood last week where five persons, who were carried away by the flood, were confirmed dead.

“We actually had to discuss with the village leaders on the need to move away from the flood-prone area,” he said.

“The FCT Emergency Management Agency has also predicted that there would be heavy flood this year.

“So we are making some precautionary measures; that’s why all the buildings along flood plains will have to go.

“All the contravention notices have been issued since 2019. No government will sit down and do nothing when the lives of its citizens are being threatened by either flood or any other thing,” he said.

Responding, the Chief of the community, Mr Isah Egari, said that he was not opposed to the demolition of the houses built on water channels.

Egari, however, appealed to the FCT administration to give the residents more time to move out from the affected community.

He also called on the demolition team to restrict the bulldozers to the areas close to the water channels to avoid undue hardship on other residents who were not affected.

Edited By: Chioma Ugboma and (NAN)‘Wale Sadeeq

Continue Reading

Economy

LCCI to engage VP Osinbajo in virtual presidential policy dialogue

Published

on


The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) said on Tuesday that it had concluded plans to host virtual Presidential Policy Dialogue, futuring Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as the Keynote Speaker.


Dr Muda Yusuf, LCCI’s Director-General, said in a report that the dialogue scheduled to hold on Friday, would deliberate on the state of the economy and public policy initiatives.

He said it would also focus on regulatory issues and their effects on the business environment as the UN Deputy Secretary-General, Dr Amina Mohammed, would also make remarks at the session.

“As part of its public sector engagement programmes, the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry initiated the “Presidential Policy Dialogue” to create a platform for the organised private sector and the Federal Government to deliberate on issues pertaining to the state of the economy.

“The 2020 edition of the event is expected to bring together key government officials and major players in the organised private sector spanning various sectors of the economy.

“The dialogue session would also explore collaboration possibilities and synergy between the private sector and the government,” he stated.

Yusuf said the forum would bring together, captains of industry, leaders of the private sector as well as members of the diplomatic corps.

He said that the stakeholders would deliberate on issues bothering on the economy and as they related to the mandate of the present administration in order to take it to the next level.

“The chamber believes that through engagements such as this, the government and the organised private sector can identify and address issues affecting the growth of our economy, with a view to proffering long-lasting solutions to them,” Yusuf  said.

Edited  by Vivian Ihechu/Ejike Obeta

Continue Reading

Judiciary

Court sentences man to 1 year imprisonment for impersonation

Published

on


A Gwagwalada Chief Magistrates’ Court, FCT on Tuesday sentenced one Ja’afar Adamu to one year imprisonment for impersonating as a staff of the State Security Service (SSS).


Adamu of Egume village, Dekina LGA of  Kogi, had pleaded guilty to the two-count charge of impersonation and forgery preferred against him.

The Magistrate, Aliyu Shafa, however sentenced Adamu to six months imprisonment for each offence or an option of N5,000 fine for each offence.

Shafa cited the Holy Bible and Quran to buttress his sentencing, adding that he was satisfied with the evidences given by the defence witnesses about the good character of the defendant.

He said the punishment would serve as a deterrent to anyone planning to trail that part in the future.

Shafa also warned Adamu to desist from committing crimes and be of good behaviour.

Earlier, the defence counsel, Khalid Salaw, pleaded with the court to tamper justice with mercy, adding that the defendant was a family man with four children and a pregnant wife.

Salaw said that the defendant was a first offender and had no criminal record or arrest in the past.

The defence counsel told the court that the defendant had learnt his lessons and would not repeat the act in future.

The prosecutor counsel, Victor Ejelonu told the court that the defendant cheated by impersonating as a staff of SSS at varying locations within Abuja while conveying passengers.

Ejelonu said that the defendant also forged the identity card of SSS with his name and logo of the SSS, FCT with force No. FCA332449.

He said that the offence contravened the provisions of Sections 321 and 363 of the Penal Code.

Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Obike Ukoh (NAN)

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Judiciary

Man in court for allegedly stealing 3 cell phones worth N180, 000

Published

on


A 20-year-old man, Kelvin Sashak, on Tuesday appeared in a Life Camp Magistrates’ Court for allegedly stealing three cell phones worth N180,000 and other items.


The police charged Sashak, who resides at no 25 Bamako Street Wuse Zone 1, Abuja, with two counts of joint act and theft.

The Police Prosecutor, ASP Peter Ejike, FCT Command, Abuja, told the court that Mr Nivea Momoh who resides at Bamako Street Wuse Zone 1, Abuja, reported the matter at the Wuse Zone 3 Police Station on May 10.

Ejike alleged that the defendant and one Innocent, currently at large,  entered into the complainant’s room and stole three cell phones and other personal belongings.

The Prosecutor alleged that the items stolen are two Nokia phones valued at N50,000 each, a “British” mobile phone valued at N80, 000, a Nigerian and British passports, National identity card, shoes, belts and clothes.

He said the offence contravenes the provisions of section 79 and 287 of the Penal Code.

The defendant however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Magistrate Chinyere   Nwecheonwu in her ruling admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N200, 000 and one surety in like sum.

Nwecheonwu ordered that the surety be resident within the jurisdiction of the court and should deposit a valid means of Identification which must be verified by the court registrar.

She adjourned the matter until Aug. 31, for hearing.

Edited By: Sadiya Hamza (NAN)

Continue Reading

Contact US: editor @nnn.com.ng, nnnnews247 @gmail.com

COVID-19 Update in Nigeria – NCDC Coronavirus Records VIDEO: Hydroxychloroquine is a CURE for COVID-19, Dr Stella Immanuel insists Food sufficiency: Osun commissioner inaugurates ‘Wave City’ project Fulham back in EPL after Bryan’s extra time double in playoff final Safety Compliance: LASWA impounds engines of 6 erring ferry operators Resumption: Unity schools’ Principals in Lagos assure parents, guardians of students’ safety Police warn private owners against opening schools to all students New York’s health commissioner resigns over COVID-19 handling LASG holds consultative forum for Y2021 Budget, adopts holistic approach to COVID-19 Limit your speed on highways to avoid crashes, FRSC urges motorists Resumption: Lagos schools comply with COVID-19 protocols Robogarden set to empower education stakeholders on coding technology Gov. Sule condemns killing of journalist, others in Nasarawa state Opposition lawmakers leading anti-corruption investigations says Elumelu Edo 2020: Nothing unusual about lawmakers backing candidates of their choice – Edo speaker Man, 18, docked for allegedly smoking Indian hemp publicly  Kaduna State maternity, paternity leave bill to be ready by end of 2020- El’Rufai’s wife Risks of COVID-19 infection through breastfeeding negligible — WHO Zamfara Govt directs schools to resume on August 9 NSE: Trading sustains positive trend, up by 0.31% 30 stranded Nigerians in Lebanon rescued, among 150 awaiting evacuation – NIDCOM ILO records universal ratification on Child Labour Convention Flood: FCTA demolishes 102 houses in Gwagwalada 75% of vehicles plying 3rd Mainland Bridge ‘ll still be captured-  FRSC Kaduna govt spends N16 bn on security in 5 years – El-Rufai Nigeria Airforce partners local Engineering coy for improved services High turnout of students as schools resume for exit class in FCT APC working towards having data bank for members – Sen. Ali Intervene in 37-year-old kingship tussle in Ikire, Residents urge Osun govt. EEDC nabs 2 suspected electricity installation vandals Sokoto: BESDA pledges to enrol 300,000 out-of-school children in 4 years Police arraign man, 40, over alleged N162,000 fraud Security Challenges: You must rejig security strategy, Buhari tells Security Chiefs Alleged $3m bribe: Appeal Court dismisses Farouk Lawan’s no-case -submission Pa Fasanmi buried as Fayemi, Akeredolu,Tinubu pay tributes Business woman, man docked over alleged public fighting Plateau PDP set for state congress – Acting chairman COVID-19: Bayelsa schools ready, safe to re-open – Gov. Diri Police arrest 10 suspects, recover arms, ammunition in Enugu Ebonyi govt pledges to promote breastfeeding, provides crèches, jingles Gombe govt. moves to address dearth of agric extension workers Police nab 3 over alleged culpable homicide, 2 for kidnapping in Niger Sexual violence: Mrs Akeredolu pledges to partner stakeholders FG to resume Digital Switch Over roll out – Lai Mohammed Multiple taxes: Petroleum dealers in Anambra threaten shutdown, gives 21 day ultimatum Nasarawa lawmaker condemns killing of former ECDA Secretary 3 men in court over alleged stealing of phones worth N43,000 Edo pensioners happy, no longer wear black, says Shaibu Toddler, 2 others die in Ogun lone accident Schools resumption: We are ready for students — NAPPS 3rd Mainland Bridge closure: NIWA advises Lagos residents to patronise water transport Digital economy: Nigeria must shift focus from certificate to skills – Pantami