No fewer than six persons have been confirmed dead in a road accident that occurred between Ore and Ondo town on Saturday in Ondo State.
A witness, who did not want his name mentioned, said that the accident involved a commercial Volkswagen Jetta car with registration number REE 446 KP and an articulated truck.
According to the witness, the truck had a break failure and rammed into the car coming from oppositr direction.
“Rescuers had to use axe to cut the car to pieces to be able to bring out the victims,” the witness said.
Ondo State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ahmed Hassan, who confirmed the incident, said the deceased have been deposited at the mortuary while the injured were receiving treatment in a nearby hospital.
Hassan cautioned drivers to always check their vehicles and avoid speeding whenever they were on the wheels.
Edited By: Abiodun Esan/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse