Olusegun Olowookere, a.k.a. Iceberg Slim, the boyfriend of the Ghanaian actress and movie producer, Juliet Ibrahim, has openly apologised to her for his wrong doings which led to their failed relationship.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the duo started dating in 2016 and broke up over a year ago over undisclosed personal reasons.
The Nigerian rapper, Olowookere, took to his instagram to reveal the real cause of their breakup and apologized.
“Dear Juliet Ibrahim, thank you for everything. You loved me unconditionally, even at my lowest points and only wanted loyalty and honesty in return.
“Unfortunately, I have failed you along with everyone else that has seen our relationship and wished us well.
“Despite the pain and heartache I had caused you, you still found a way to rise and smile again.
“I lied, I cheated, I took your love for granted and in turn, I brought ridicule and shame to you. “From the bottom of my heart, I apologise. Why now? You may ask.
“In life, sometimes, you have to reveal in other to heal, and as I have revealed the true reason for our break-up, healing comes next.
“As we continue on our separate paths; I pray for God’s guidance,’’ he said.”
NAN also reports that the apology came weeks after the 33-year-old Ibrahim launched her book: ‘A Toast to Life’ which was inspired by her many life experiences.
According to her, the book is a deeply personal narrative of her triumph over adversities faced at different stages in her life and her journey to true self-love.
NAN reports that Ibrahim was once married to a Ghanaian businessman with whom she had a son.
The mother of one made her first acting debut in 2005 in the film: ‘Crime to Christ’ and had after it featured in no less than 50 Nollywood films.
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections