The Adamawa State Government has commenced mass vaccination of children against measles and meningitis ‘A’ across the state.
The exercise, tagged: “2019 Integrated Measles and Miningistis ‘A’ Vaccination Campaign’’ was launched at a ceremony on Saturday, in Girei, headquarters of Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
Seth urged parents and caregivers to avail their children the opportunity to be immunised.
While calling for sustenance of the exercise, the deputy governor lauded the effective role of the media, traditional and religious leaders, in mobilising the public for the vaccination.
He also commended development partners such as WHO, UNICEF, and others, for their support to the state in delivering quality healthcare services.
Seth directed local government chairmen in the state to show serious commitment by attending evening review meetings on the exercise to address any challenges.
In her remarks, the Executive Chairperson of Adamawa State Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Dr Batulu Muhammad, said measles and meningitis were highly contagious and dreaded diseases that needed to be contained with the coming dry season.
Muhammad said the state was targeting more than 800,000 children for measles vaccination and 750,000 children for meningitis in the two-week exercise.
Also speaking, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Mr Kennedy Bartimaus, said the ministry had enough doses of vaccines for the exercise; adding that parents needed to know that getting children vaccinated was a right and not a privilege.
Speaking on behalf of development partners, Mr Iyobosa Igbinovia of WHO, lauded Adamawa for embarking on and being part of the mass exercise.
Igbinovia assured the state of sustained support from the partners in areas of healthcare delivery.
In their respective remarks, the Chairman of Girei LGA, Alhaji Mohammed Njidda and the District Head of Girei, Alhaji Ahmed Mustafa, lauded the choice of Girei for the launch and assured their commitment to mobilise for its success.
Edited by Nyisom Fiyigon Dore
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union
- Review: Sean Tizzle’s single ‘Contagious’, not enough for a hit record
- Katsina state govt. pays N208m WAEC fees for 21,589 candidates–Commissioner
- Opadokun, NADECO leader, seeks more libraries to boost reading culture
- Review: Teni Apata’s music, personality evolution draws mixed feelings
- Ministry of power seeks collaboration with agencies for improved power supply
- Kano State targets 3.8m children for meningitis vaccination
- Focus, Funding, keys to having to a great musical career- Toby
- Institute tasks FG on tourism, hospitality sector
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan
- ‘Muna’ suggests new career angle for Adesua Etomi-Wellington
- BASA will strengthen cultural ties, deepen unity amongst personnel – CAS
- Nigeria on cause to raise Olympic champions in gymnastic – Coach Asuquo
- FG to introduce new visa regime to boost economy
- Expo 2020 in Dubai: What Benefits to Africa?
- Boxing: I’m happy Joshua won back his respect, says Isaac Ikhouria
- Boxing: Joshua takes revenge on Ruiz in Saudi Arabia rematch
- Buhari salutes Anthony Joshua on comeback victory
- DSS says Sowore’s rearrest video, mischief, meant for propagandist purpose
- NGO wants HIV test as component of routine ante natal care
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars