One of the women, Amina Yakubu, said it was a “positive development for women in Adamawa who always troop to FMC as a reliable health centre for services.
“With this new development brought by our daughter and mother, we hope the problem of crowd in the old maternity will reduce and there will be speedy and quality services at the maternity,” she added.
Lami Ibrahim, Jessica Philips and Tafisu James, who also expressed happiness over the complex, said the First Lady deserved commendation for such project for women in the state.
“She has done a lot for women in area of healthcare and this is one example of such interventions,” Jamessaid.
Speaking on the new maternity complex constructed by Aisha Buhari Foundation, the Chief Medical Director of the FMC, Prof. Mohammad Auwal, said the complex would help greatly in addressing maternity challenges in the hospital.
Auwal said the complex had brought the various maternity units in the hospital to one place.
He said the complex which was an extension of an already existing maternity in the hospital, had eight consultant rooms, emergency room, ultra sound room and a pharmacy.
“There is also a library and a common room for Doctors. It also has a sitting capacity for 200 women who may come for ante-natal care,” the CMD said.
Edited by Chioma Ugboma
- FEATURE: Governorship election: Checking violence, disruption in Kogi
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons
- Britain will not name EU commissioner ahead of election – Official