Some football fans on Wednesday in Damaturu hailed Super Eagles of Nigeria for making it to the next round of the ongoing 2019 Africa Cup of Nation (AFCON).
Goni Bukar, one the Super Eagles fan told News Agency of Nigeria in Damaturu that “Nigerians can now breathe some sigh of relief as our we have qualified for the Round of 16.”
Another fan, Bala Kolle, said although it was a tough, it’s heartwarming that the Eagles carried the day.
“It was a tough one but in the end, we got what mattered most – the three points- and we are off to the next round”, he said.
On his part, Kenneth Philip congratulated the Eagles over their victory against Guinea.
“Congratulations Super Eagles for being the first team to qualify for round of 16 in the AFCON, ” he said.
However, Musa Mingyi, a football enthusiast, advised the Eagle’s coach to strengthen his attack formation, just as he commended the defense and the midfield line-up for doing a good job.
For Umar Saidu, it was all prayers for the Eagles, expressing the hope they will maintain the tempo.
“I am happy we secured the points and I hope this will boost their moral in the subsequent matches”
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy
- Obaseki felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- Anglican Bishop counsels Nigeria leaders on good governance
- Ex-Minister, Tam David-West dies at 83
- Don wants students examine on use of standard English