Some football fans on Wednesday in Damaturu hailed Super Eagles of Nigeria for making it to the next round of the ongoing 2019 Africa Cup of Nation (AFCON).
Goni Bukar, one the Super Eagles fan told News Agency of Nigeria in Damaturu that “Nigerians can now breathe some sigh of relief as our we have qualified for the Round of 16.”
Another fan, Bala Kolle, said although it was a tough, it’s heartwarming that the Eagles carried the day.
“It was a tough one but in the end, we got what mattered most – the three points- and we are off to the next round”, he said.
On his part, Kenneth Philip congratulated the Eagles over their victory against Guinea.
“Congratulations Super Eagles for being the first team to qualify for round of 16 in the AFCON, ” he said.
However, Musa Mingyi, a football enthusiast, advised the Eagle’s coach to strengthen his attack formation, just as he commended the defense and the midfield line-up for doing a good job.
For Umar Saidu, it was all prayers for the Eagles, expressing the hope they will maintain the tempo.
“I am happy we secured the points and I hope this will boost their moral in the subsequent matches”
- PenCom initiates process to review 2014 Pension Reform Act
- North West farmers back to work amid troops operations –DHQ
- AFAN wants FG to establish commodity board to mop-up excess farm produce
- Kwara govt. pledges to reposition Aviation College, inaugurates visitation panel
- Ekiti court dissolves 11-year-old marriage on grounds of threats to life, others
- Enugu state community laments lack of government presence
- Lagos, stakeholders seek sustained implementation of breastfeeding policy
- Gender activist advocates enforcement of policies protecting girls, women’s rights
- Draft document on protecting telecoms infrastructure awaits presidential assent — Pantami
- Gov. Oyetola inaugurates committee against gender violence