A total of 15 militants including seven foreign fighters have been confirmed dead as fighting planes targeted a Taliban hideout in the eastern Ghazni province on Wednesday, said an army statement released here Thursday.
According to the statement, the militants launched attacks on Ashaqwal and Nugahi areas in the outskirt of the provincial capital Ghazni city on Wednesday afternoon. The troops backed by fighting planes retaliated, killing 15 insurgents including seven foreign nationals, forcing the militants to flee.
Taliban militants who are active in parts of Ghazni province have yet to make comments.
- 4 drown in dangerous currents on Dutch coast
- NDLEA seizes 3,546kg hard drugs, arrests 205 suspects in FCT
- Iran says GCC call for Tehran arms embargo extension is ‘unrealistic’
- Poland’s PM wants special EU summit on Belarus
- Port Harcourt DisCo revokes electric bill distribution by contractors
- Six killed in south-western Pakistan blast, multiple wounded
- New CAMA will boost foreign direct investment — Capital market operators
- Driver bags 14 imprisonment for stealing tricycle windshield, stereo
- Kyrgyzstan cancels virus tests for arrivals, COVID-19 cases reach 40,177
- Centre calls for renewed commitment to anti-corruption fight