Afghanistan’s Public Health Ministry has confirmed 186 new COVID-19 positive cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the number of patients infected with the virus to 32,022, a spokesman for the ministry Sayedudin Jami said Thursday.
Kabul, with 61 new positive cases of COVID-19, topped all provinces while the remaining 125 cases are in other parts of the insurgency-plagued country, the official added.
According to the official, 33 patients have died due to the virus over the past 24 hours, totaling the number of COVID-19 related deaths to 807 since the outbreak of the virus in February in Afghanistan.
Jami also said that 440 patients have recovered over the period, bringing the number of recovered ones to 16,041 in the country since February.
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others
- COVID-19: FG warns as recorded deaths approach 1,000
- Minister task agencies on research patents
- Police vows to bring killers of Gov. Obiano’s aide to book
- Gov. Sule urges Nasarawa Central lawmaker-elect to be magnanimous in victory
- Old girls’ association renovates staff room for Enugu school
- Quarantine service, Cowpea association collaborate to address weak link in beans value chain
- 774,000 FG/NDE Jobs are only for unskilled, semi-skilled youths – Committee Chairman