Ferdinand Omeana, Technical Director, Handball Federation of Nigeria (HFN), says 28 national players, comprising male and female, have been listed to participate in the forthcoming Africa Games billed for Rabat, Morocco.
Handball players goes for goal.
Omeana said: “It is a thing of joy for us that we will be participating in the male and female events in the Games which will feature 14 players each.
“The national league is a major event that provides a good platform for us to identify these players, because they distinguished themselves among their peers in the competition.”
He said that the male and female national teams had qualified for the African Games after their glorious performances at the continental tournament qualifiers in Burkina Faso in April.
The technical director gave names of the female players as Udochukwu Ohaekwe Israel, Isoken Nosa-Odia, Ahamefula Chinemere, Rachael Brown, Mercy Audu,
Sunday Hope, Cynthia Vincent,Toyin Yusuf, (Goal Keeper), Adaobi Okoro, Susan Omoluwa, Ruth Ameh, Faith Inegbedion, Dorathy Nyagh and Muinat Yusuf.
According to him, the male list comprise Philip Kalu, Obinna Patrick, Obinna Ani, Faruk Yusuf, Oladunjoye Adams (Goal Keeper), Ibitoye Ayomide, Rotibi Gbenga, Yahaya Owolabi, Adio Ibrahim, Emeanaa Emmanuel, Kingsley Okubike, Emeka Emmanuel, Anas Mohammed and Solomon Agbaji (Goalkeeper).
Omeana said that the team’s Coaches are Rafiu Salami (France),
Bala Mohammed (FRSC),
Segun Tunji (Niger United) and himself, adding that the teams were battle ready for a good outing.
He said the teams would depart the country alongside with Nigeria contingents on Aug. 16 for the games holding in Rabat, Morocco from Aug. 19 to Aug. 30.
Edited by Olagoke Olatoye
- Legislative Health Summit: N1bn Cancer Fund not enough – Panelists
- No plan to stop Basic Healthcare Fund — Senate
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution
- Why hike in cooking gas price may persist – Marketers