The World Health Organisation (WHO), Regional Office for Africa in Brazzaville, Congo, says there are over 380,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on African continent.
“There are over 380,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases on the African continent – with more than 181, 000 recoveries and 9,500 deaths,’’ it said.
According to the report, South Africa has 138,134 cases and 2,456 deaths, followed by Nigeria with 24, 567 confirmed cases and 567 deaths, while Ghana has 17, 351 confirmed cases and 112 deaths.
It said that Lesotho had 27 confirmed cases with zero death.
Gambia had 45 reported cases and two deaths, while Seychelles had 77 reported cases with no death.
Edited By: Joseph Edeh/Olagoke Olatoye (NAN)
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi